Fortnum & Mason Food & Drink Awards
20 July 2020
The shortlists have been announced for the Fortnum & Mason Food & Drink Awards, and Guild members are well represented in several categories:
- In the Food Book category Felicity Cloake was shortlisted for One More Croissant for the Road (Mudlark) and Bee Wilson for The Way We Eat Now (4th Estate).
And the winner was … Bee Wilson.
- For the Debut Food Book award Ned Palmer’s book A Cheesemonger’s History of the British Isles (Profile Books) was shortlisted, as was Olivia Pott’s book A Half Baked Idea (Fig Tree).
And the winner was … Olivia Potts.
- All three of the authors shortlisted in the Cookery Book category were Guild members: Leaf by Catherine Phipps (Quadrille); Sour by Mark Diacono (Quadrille); and The Food of Sichuan by Fuchsia Dunlop (Bloomsbury Publishing).
And the winner was … Fuchsia Dunlop.
- Angela Clutton was shortlisted in the Debut Cookery Book category for The Vinegar Cupboard (Bloomsbury Absolute).
And the winner was … Angela Clutton.
- George Reynolds was shortlisted in the Food Writer category for his work in Noble Rot and the Guardian Long Read.
- Two members were on the Cookery Writer shortlist: Elisabeth Luard was shortlisted for work in The Oldie; and Rachel Roddy for work in the Guardian Feast.
And the winner was … Rachel Roddy.
- For the Drinks Writers award: Fiona Beckett was shortlisted for work in National Geographic Traveller; and Zeren Wilson for work in Noble Rot.
The winners were announced online on Thursday 14 May.